Thursday, September 4, 2014

Me


Hi, my name is Jessie Cronin and I’ll be a senior this year. I have one brother, a twin, named Nate. Despite minor arguments, having a twin is great! We get to have all the same friends, help each other with homework, and of course go through all major life events, such as driving, birthdays, and college touring, together; I never feel alone. Aside from my brother, I have a golden retriever named Lexie who, of course, is the favorite child in the eyes of our parents. When it comes to school, I am a science nerd; I love the human body, experiments, and dissections. Over the summer, I had the opportunity to participate in a medical research internship at the University of Illinois Hospital. Here I spent my time in an anatomy lab performing cadaver dissections, conducting experiments on the dissected body parts, and writing pieces for a medical study. While most people cringe when I tell them about these dissections, I found this job extremely interesting and enjoyable. When I am not in school, I can be found in my second home, the pool. Since freshman year I have been on the swimming and water polo teams here at Whitney. Although we are practicing all the time, it is fun to have a hard practice, work with a team, and get away from the stress of school and other obligations. After practice, I teach swim lessons to little kids who are 4-9 years old. I would like to say my kids are future Olympians.
One thing about senior year that intimidates me is college applications. The thought of having to choose my new home for the next four years is scary. I don’t really know where I want to go, but I hope with all the research and writing I will be doing in the next couple of months I can figure it out. Overall, I am excited to be a senior and see how this year plays out.

1 comment:

  1. Application essays will be spot-on. We'll get you there. Don't fret, you're in good company.

    ReplyDelete